Sunday 20 January 2013

Triple Layer Tutorial

Here's another tutorial for you... Can you tell I can't get out because of the snow?!

This is just a quick run through on how to produce a triple layer card with the cloud background that can be found in amongst my tutorials section.

First, you'll need to cut 6 pieces of cardstock to size...

My sizes are all for a 5X7 card.



My white cardstock is cut so that;

The largest piece is 4 1/2" by 6 1/2"
The middle piece is 3 1/2" by 5 1/2"
The smallest piece is 2 1/2" by 4 1/2"


Then, the layering cardstock is cut 1/4 of an inch bigger so that;

The largest piece is 4 3/4" by 6 3/4"
The middle piece is 3 3/4" by 5 3/4"
The smallest piece is 2 3/4" by 4 3/4"

Now, you just need the white cardstock...

You will need to layer them equally, making sure that the space around each edge is equal. They will need to be fixed, but not permanently at this stage. I tend to use some of my tape runner, just a strip in the middle on the back, which I them press the palm of my hand over a few times. This helps remove most of the adhesive, meaning that the layers can be repositioned and removed.





Then, stamp your images, or create your cloud background.



Now, you can separate your 3 layers again.

Following this, you can permanently adhere your layers together. Do this by firstly layering each white layer onto its coloured cardstock using a tape runner. After that, you can fix each layer together, until all 3 look like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment